“A Taste of Spain in Los Angeles”
We are here today thanks to Doña Juana Gimeno Faraone, a native of Valencia, Spain, who settled in Southern California in 1967. She came up with this idea because it was so difficult to find an authentic paella to measure up to her standards, so, in 1995, she began making her own on Saturdays, and selling it to customers who stopped by the shop.
Twenty years later, paella Saturdays have become a tradition at La Española. Doña Juana still comes in every Saturday to cook the paella herself. Also, Doña Juana has trained some of her staff how to cook the paella, that is why regardless of whether she’s there or not, the paella always taste authentic.
We are very proud to be able to bring you our Paella every Saturday! Customers can pick between the seafood, “mixta,” chicken, or the house varieties of this delicious dish. Please do not forget to preorder your paella. Don’t forget that you can enjoy it here on our beautiful patio or take it home to share with family and friends! **Our vegetarian paella must be preordered with a minimum of 10 portions and no less than two days prior.**
Call ahead to reserve your paella, bring your friends, get a bottle of wine, and sit back and enjoy the relaxed, and welcoming atmosphere in out patio.
Enjoy Every Saturday the House Paella, Seafood, Mixta, Chicken, and Vegetarian.
- Best Best Spanish Artisanal Meat at LA Gem – Local Food Eater – Gerry Furth -January 5, 2017
- The 15 Best Places for a Paella in Los Angeles – Foursquare Lists • Published On: December 28, 2016
- Still celebrating paella Saturdays at La Española – Los Angeles Times – 2014
- La Española y Doña Juana – El Fogon de Polo – 2009
- La Española’s Paella Saturday: A Family Meal for Seventy – LA Weekly, LP – 2009